Last Friday, I hosted a small styling class at Francesca's at their Lexington Green location. We had fun refreshments and two giveaways--a giftcard to Palmer's Fresh Grill + a tassel necklace/hammered gold earrings set! The theme was how to accessorize.
I love accessories! They can truly completely change the way an outfit looks--you can make a casual outfit more dressy and a dressy outfit more casual.
Here are some quick tips for accessorizing this fall:
- My favorites for fall accessories include anything with tassels, fringe, or beads. I'm also loving necklaces that incorporate stones into them, and items that have more earthy tones to them.
- For a v-neck top or dress, find a necklace that nestles in the v. You can always layer a longer necklace with it if you're wearing a tunic or dress.
- For a classic crew neck, I love short statement necklaces.
- For a tunic or dress, go for a longer necklace this hits your torso area/under your bust. This keeps the overall lines of your look in proportion.
- If you're looking for a new watch, try one with a leather band like this one or this one.
- Create an arm party of several different gold bracelets all stacked together on the same wrists.
- When it comes to handbags, I'm loving crossbody bags! I've also purchased a backpack purse for this fall! Pick one in a neutral tone--I'm especially fond of cognac!